Electrolux dishwashers are widely sold in the market. Despite the fact that these appliances are of high quality, they break with an enviable periodicity.
Before proceeding with the repair of the dishwasher, it is worthwhile to look into the causes of the malfunctions in order to understand whether it is worth solving the problem yourself or better to contact the repair service.
The reasons for the breakdown of Electrolux dishwasher
Malfunctions of the dishwasher released under Electrolux brand are rarely caused by factory defects. Although this probability can not be discarded. But more often the users themselves are guilty in the occurrence of failures (violation of the rules of installation and operation). Also, independent factors and force majeure can occur.
Let’s consider the frequent reasons for the failure of these dishwashers:
- Blockages of the drain or filling valves can be the culprits of the fact that the dishwasher is broken.
- The dishwasher does not work or does not heat water because of a power surge.
- Failures can occur due to weak electricians. Poor wiring is the problem of the dishwashers of this brand. Moreover, everything can be proper during manufacturing bun contacts and wires are burnt out when the kitchen appliance is used.
- Problems with the efficiency of the washing process can be caused by with improper installation, user intervention (children bent the hose), violation of the operation rules (washing too dirty dishes, using non-professional household chemicals), etc.
Electrolux dishwashers are equipped with a modern self-diagnosis system for breakdowns. It helps users to understand what does the breakdown mean. Having found the problem, the device signals it to the user, displaying error codes on the screens.
Having deciphered a problem and understood what caused it, you can start repairing (independently or with the help of a master).
How to repair a dishwasher
We will not consider all cases of the dishwasher’s malfunctions as there can be dozens of them. Let’s analyze how to eliminate the typical failures:
- blockage of the drain or filler system;
- problems with water heating;
- failure to execute the specified program;
- poor quality of washing.
The drain or filler path was blocked
This breakdown can be attributed to the system ones, as it is typical not only for the Electrolux devices.
The degree of filling with dirty nozzles, hoses, and filters depends on the quality of the water that is supplied from the water pipe. The worse the water, the faster the clogging. If there are too many minerals in your water supply system, they will quickly build up the filter from the inside, because of which it will be suddenly clogged.
In this case, it will not be difficult to repair the dishwasher, even if you decide to act on your own.
Important! To avoid the recurrence of this failure, do not forget to remove the filter from time to time and clean it from the coating.
If the water is too hard, treat the machine as attentive as possible: check all the elements of the jellied system that includes filters, nozzles, and hose. It should be done the next way:
- shut off the flow of water into the system by closing the tap-tee;
- unscrew the water intake hose together with the filter * from the tap-tee and from the dishwasher case;
- get a small flow filter (located at the point of twisting the hose with the case of equipment);
- wash filters and a hose (if it’s difficult, use a special brush) and set back.
Important! If you use different water softeners, then in this case, they are inefficient, since they protect only internal parts, and not applied to the filters and hoses.
Speaking about the garbage filter, its clogs are more frequent as well as the hose and drainage pipe ones. Specialists recommend cleaning it at least twice a month. With an intensive operation of the appliance, do it every 4 weeks. The ways of the problem’s prevention are described in detail in the instructions to your dishwasher model.
In short, the rules are as follows:
- Before you load the dishes, the food leftovers have to be removed;
- household chemicals should be selected carefully, focusing on means from leading brands;
- it is necessary to control the level of regenerating salt;
- After each use, inspect the filters and clean them if necessary.
To the note! You can clean the remaining parts of the drain system using special tools. Choose the right composition, fill it with a machine, run a single sink and the clogs will disappear. If it does not help, you need a disassembly that can be done by a professional.
Problems of water heating
Malfunctions in which water is not heated, relate to the heater, sensors and even the control board. Electrolux dishwasher is a “vulnerable” technique, sensitive to power surges.
If you do not have an automatic and stabilizer installed, the dishwasher can easily fall victim to another low or high voltage. In the most positive perspective, only the fuse will suffer, and if it does not, the triacs on the control unit may burn.
To repair such breakdown, you need:
- make a partial disassembly of the case;
- check the heater, its contacts, and wiring;
- check the serviceability of the module, find the faulty element and replace it with a similar one (solder the board).
We recommend you to instruct the diagnostician and all repairs to a qualified master, especially if you see an ohmmeter and wiring diagram for the first time. Doing this independently can turn bad, so do not risk expensive equipment.
The specified program does not execute
If the dishwasher stops during washing, do not worry. This is a common occasion. In 50% of cases, reboot helps. Do this:
- unplug the appliance from the mains;
- wait 10-15 seconds (can be more);
- start the dishwasher.
If the program fails not for the first time, and this is a systematic phenomenon, the factory malfunction of the electronic board is not excluded. The module often costs as half of the dishwasher itself, so we do not recommend dismantling it by yourself, especially if the warranty period has not expired yet.
Do not panic, the case described above is a rarity. The dishwasher can fail because of other reasons that are mainly not complicated to fix.
- malfunction of aqua-sensor;
- malfunctions of the pressure switch;
- breakdown of other sensors.
The instability of the electrical network can also be the reason for the occurrence of such problems. Therefore, before dismantling the dishwasher, we advise you to deal with electricity in the house.
Poor washing quality
If the Electrolux washing machine does not cope with its target and badly washes dishes, then this can occur for several reasons.
Typically, dishwashers begin to wash badly if water or a dishwashing detergent hardly gets into the system. To make sure that the mean is OK, look into the cuvette. If there is a tablet left in it or a part of the powder, then the supply system has failed.
When washing proceeds without water (or water is supplied in insufficient volume), this fact is also easy to establish. In this case, the machine will report an error using the code on the display. Or, at the end of the program, dry and dirty dishes will be waiting for you. Check the following nodes:
- whether there is water in the water supply network;
- check hose and filters, which are located in the water intake system, for clogging;
- the filling valve for serviceability;
- a valve regulating the supply of detergents for serviceability;
- correct loading of washing facilities in the dishwasher.
Humming sound right after running
In the dishwasher, the washing program always starts with a pumping cycle, during which noise is generated when the pump is running.
This is not a cause for concern.
Loud noise or banging
Such sounds are created when the detergent dispenser is opened.
This is not a cause for concern.
Squeaking sound during water pumping
To eliminate the problem, add a little detergent to the dispenser to lubricate the pumping mechanism.
Rustling sound during the drying phase
This may indicate a malfunction of the drying fan. Such problems should be solved by an expert. To agree on a visit, contact an authorized service center.
Discoloration of baskets or sprinklers
Tomato sauces and sauces for pasta can leave a red coating on the dishes and the parts of the device.
- This coating can be easily removed with a special detergent.
Terracotta objects can leave brown marks on another dish in the equipment.
- If the above-mentioned recommendations do not solve the problem, contact an authorized service center.
The dishwasher does not heat water
Resetting the device’s settings can help solve this problem.
- Unplug the dishwasher from the mains socket, wait 1 minute and plug it in again. It is also possible to disconnect the appliance from the mains using fuses in the switchboard/switch. When pulling out the device and then re-installing it, it is important to make sure that the hoses are not pinched or jammed, and the water tap is fully open.
- Turn on the dishwasher, select the program and start it.
- If the program is started and the appliance is working properly, the problem is solved.
The Electrolux dishwasher emits a beep that repeats three times at a certain frequency
This indicates a leak and the fact that the water is collected at the bottom of the device.
- To avoid overflow, disconnect the appliance from the water supply.
- To resolve the problem, contact an Authorized Service Center.
If a malfunction occurs, a code is displayed on the screen.
If the dishwasher is not equipped with a screen, read the error code by the number of flashes of the END LED.